The Leader In Helping Michigan Team Sport Athletes & Coaches Develop Speed, Strength and Power So They Can Compete At The Highest Level
Each summer Josh helps me tremendously in my preparation for the upcoming seasons. He focuses on my functional movements and helps correct any imperfections I may have developed through the course of a long, demanding Hockey season. I enjoy working with Josh because he customizes his program to each individual which helps me maximize my training results.
This is THE place to go for athletes! I cut .15 seconds off my 40-Yard dash time over the course of 8-weeks of training here, and have never been more excited for my upcoming football season. My strength levels increased, I feel more powerful and explosive when I’m running and in practice without a doubt! My teammates and coaches can notice my performance on the field. If you’re willing to put in the work, they will help you transform your game…they did for me!
I got introduced to Athletic Preparation though a friend of mine who had already been going for some time. Lets just say it was the best decision I've ever made. Its been about a year and the progress that I've made is incredible and i owe it all to Josh. Not only have I gotten stronger and faster but my confidence has risen tremendously. You just let him know what you're trying to work towards and he'll design a workout regiment that suits you perfectly. I can't wait for the upcoming lacrosse season so I can show my coach and my team how much I've grown. This blows anywhere else out of the water. I highly recommend training at Athletic Preparation.
Collegiate level baseball is a huge leap from competing in high school, but obtainable for anyone willing to seek out the right resources/trainers and have a great work ethic. I know I would not be where I am today without the timeless help of Josh Gibson. Through working on strength, flexibility, and range of motion or flexibility he has made me a better ballplayer. He continues to help me today even while I am playing baseball in North Carolina. If you are serious about your sport, Josh is a good resource to have to improve your game.
Josh is one of a kind when it comes to strength and speed training. He knows how to push you farther than you have ever gone before and it's super enjoyable having him right by your side. It's been a pleasure knowing Josh for these past couple of years and having him guide me through the training process. He has helped me achieve success on and off the football field.
My bench went from 255 to 305 in 6 weeks! My previous best all-time was 275.... Athletic Preparation helped me get my strength up for the football season! The training is hard, but very effective and they make sure it transfers to your sport and makes you a better athlete, not just tired like a lot of coaches do.
My son has been training with Josh for the past few months. He loves going and has improved so much. Not only is Josh connected and extremely knowledgeable about his passion for training you and helping you be the best you can be!!! He's a nice guy!!! If you're looking for a great fitness coach look no further!!!
7 Quick Facts You Might Like To Know About Josh
1. He's the Founder of Athletic Preparation and a highly sought after Speed & Strength Coach for Team Sport Athletes & Coaches who want to make an impact in their life and performance by achieving their potential and not settling for average, old and outdated training methods.
2. He still trains himself like an athlete and only implements successful training methods he's done or has seen success in other organizations. No fluffy theories, just proven science that gets results for athletes.
3. He's had published articles on Stack Media and has been featured on Fox 2 News while he has also served as a Strength & Conditioning coach at Western Michigan University and Wayne State University.
4. He is a self-proclaimed coffee snob who's life was completely changed when he put heavy cream in coffee, it is life changing!
5. He was a walk-on linebacker for Western Michigan University despite only playing 1-year of high school football.
6. Josh has spent over $20,000 of his own money in continuing education courses and mentorships so he can improve his skills, coach and serve his athletes better to get the best results for this he has the privilege to coach.
6. He started working in strength and conditioning in a "commercial gym" right out of college and quickly realized he could not work with un-motivated individuals who lack a vision or purpose for their future which is why he opened Athletic Preparation, to work with motivated athletes and coaches to achieve their goals.
7. He's extremely grateful to be married to his beautiful wife Lauren and has one crazy cat (despite being a dog person his entire life) Timone.